When you can’t get your mind off the heat outside this summer, think of how you are going to keep heat inside your home this winter. When it comes to heating, you have three different options, gas, electric or oil. Each option posses its own unique advantages and disadvantages. Whether you are buying a new home or looking to switch the type of heat you rely on for financial or environmental reasons, Hava Tech comes prepared to guide and assist you until you are completely satisfied with your choice. Below you will find specific advantages and disadvantages to each one of your heating options. These facts should help you decide on an option that best fits your lifestyle.
- More environmentally friendly compared to oil.
- Most popular choice for heating homes in the United States.
- Has an abundant supply where the gas travels through underground pipelines.
- Very combustible and highly explosive; Gas leaks cause tremendous problems and can cause severe sickness or death when inhaled.
- Non renewable energy that will eventually run out.
- Heats your home quicker than any other method.
- Keep your own supply of heating fuel on your property. You will have heat no what.
- Operates with the utmost efficiency and can greatly save energy costs.
- Much safer than natural gas.
- Once the tank goes empty, your house will have no heat until a new one arrives.
- Cannot be renewed and produces carbon dioxide which has been linked to ozone depletion.
- Is very quiet and is very safe to deal with and use.
- Offers complete control allowing you to set exact temperatures at exact times in certain rooms.
- Very easy to install and take up minimal space.
- Renewable and relatively endless source of energy.
- Very expensive when compared to oil and gas heating.
- Can’t operate without electricity so when a power outage occurs, you will lose heat.
Now that you have a better feel for the advantages and disadvantages of various heating options, visit havatechinc.com or stop by our Fairfax office to learn more about installing and maintaining a brand new heating system that fits your needs.